Covering 28,000 acres, and receiving more than 200 inches of rain per year, El Yunque National Forest is the only tropical rain forest in the US Forest System. Noted for its biodiversity, the forest is home to more than 400 different plant species. It has more than a dozen maintained trails for hiking, picnic pavilions, stone towers, rivers, waterfalls, and an interpretive visitors’ center.
Town: Río Grande
Duration: 5 hrs
What to expect
- Drive 40 minutes
- Stop at La Coca waterfall
- Stop at Yokahu Tower
- Stop at Juan Diego waterfall
- Stop at Baños De Oro site
- Hike 40 mins. to Mt. Britton Tower
- Hike 40 mins. to El Yunque Peak (optional)
- Pickup and Drop-off at hotel
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Proper clothing required to enter to churches
- Proper shoes required. No sandals.
- Not recommended for people with recent surgery
Start From Anywhere
We can pickup you up easily and start your tour from anywhere. Airport, cruiseships, terminals, hotels, you name it. Book your tour today!